The House of Bethania in Veli Lošinj is a spiritual centre which offers spiritual contents to the tourists and to all those who look for the health and rest on the Isle of Losinj, which is located on the northern part of the Adriatic sea. The House is located in the health resort place in Veli Lošinj.
A SHORT HISTORY
As House of health for body and soul “Sanatorium of Bethania” worked even since 1906 till II World War. It was run by Catholic women religious the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross. After II World War the communist government took the House away from the Sisters, they nationalized it and gave it over to some other users. In 2003 the House was given back to the Sisters, that is, to The Croatian Province of the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, which has the Provincial centre House in Djakovo. At the moment it is being renovated and adapted, so that it can serve to its first purpose, and even more, to be a spiritual centre for tourists.
The Congregation oh the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross was founded in 1856 in Switzerland/Ingenbohl. Father Theodosius Florentini OFM Cap founded it together with Mother Maria Teresia Scherer. The Congregation has been working in Croatia since 1868, and has its centre in Djakovo, Slavonia (eastern part of Croatia). In their work and interceding for the dignity of every person, the Sisters are led by the Founder’s saying:
The need of the time is God’s Will.